1/29/2011

The Return of Muffin Tin Meals!

We have been really, REALLY busy with family in town these past few weeks. We have been sightseeing all around the Island (more on that later this week), and enjoying some relaxation time with other adults around to play with (and spoil) the Island Kids.

That said, this week's Muffin Tin Meal theme is "favorite foods." Normally, macaroni and cheese would have been first on the list, but the kids had that last night, as Island Dad and I were out for a date.

Top Row: Apple circles with cinnamon, grilled cheese sandwiches in the shape of a "J" and stars, chocolate pudding with star-shaped sprinkles.
Bottom Row: Grilled cheese, "Number 4" egg (hard-boiled), raisins

The name of the egg: We were visiting friends last winter when Island Boy was about 23 months old and just starting to recognize numbers, but not yet letters. These friends had a stash of hard-boiled eggs stored in their refrigerator for breakfasts. The hard-boiled eggs were marked, of course, with an "H" on the shell. Island Boy mistook the "H" for a number 4, and has thus been referring to them as "number 4 eggs" ever since. We haven't really bothered to correct him....

At any rate, he ate about half of everything, going (surprisingly) for the apple slices over the pudding as his first item. He liked it all, just was not in an eating-type mood today. The adults in the house have all been passing around a cold, and I suspect Island Boy may be dealing with the cold, as well. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of Muffin Tin Mondays again!


12 comments:

  1. How did you make those apple circles? They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made number 4 eggs in a while. They maybe on our lunch menu. The apples look yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the miniature grilled cheese sandwiches. What a fun way to serve them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The apple circles are just thin slices, peeled and then cored. The brown stripes are the cinnamon....I wish I had a good reason that that came out striped, but that's just how it fell onto the apple this time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this out to my daughter and she said "Yuuuum!" :o) I like all the stars. And hee hee - yeah, I thought the apples had been grilled or something, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pudding would definitely be in my favorite muffin meal! Wink! Cute tin my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thought they were grilled, or baked. I will try cutting an apple into circle slices, I think my daughter would love that. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grilled cheeses are one of my favorite foods too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought they were baked too! What a yummy idea sprinkling with cinnamon - my kids would love that. Some of the best stuff is the simplest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol...so many of these would also go into my favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried cinnamon on apples! That's a far better option than caramel sauce! And less messy too! (She can't even drink hot cocoa without needing an outfit change. Caramel dip is even worse!)
    I love the stars theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm actually surprised I don't go through cinnamon faster than I do. We use a fair amount of it. Both kids also love it in scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete